2. thinks he can sing (only a few of us think so, too, unfortunately. Those few people destroy the poor guy's future as he doesn't weigh his other options)
3. is under the impression that Afghans like him
4. has gigolo hairdo and wears more make up and accessories/jewelry (necklace, bracelets, rings and EVEN earrings) than women
5. has sunglasses on 24/7 ( day and night, regardless of sun's availability; sun/moon eclipse, TV interviews/shows, dark rooms nothing deters them from having them on etc)
6. dresses more or less like a circus clown or a movie extra
7. makes videos in which he chases ugly girls while they dance (we know they are making a fool out of themselves)
8. claims the dancing of the girls and bar sequences in his songs are "a creative attempt". He adds that he doesn't endorse life like that. (Is a good enough statement to fool himself, not us).
9. goes on TV and brags about his singing talent and complains about not being famous
10. mistakens public laughter/scorning with fame (Afghans: Isn't he that ugly singer with the horrible voice? The singer: Wow! look, people are recognizing me. I am famous.)
11. has a myspace, facebook and a website full of animations, pictures and decorative items, BUT WITH NO SUBSTANCE
12. In his website, he himself claims how he became a great singer and how much he is sought after (Some of those phrases are: So and so is synonymous with great music, his great voice attracts all age audiences, his dedication, hard work blah blah....give me a break...show us some humility:)
13. if a religious or cultural holiday coincides with the Afghan or Chrisitian new year, he can't tell which one occurs first, but is ready to sing songs
14. (American, English or Canadian-Afghan Singers) can't put a simple statement in Dari or Pashtoo (Has to mix English...seeks refuge in English)
15. calls himself an open-minded Muslim ONLY to justify his videos, acts, drinking habits, songs etc.
16. claims he is proud of the Afghan culture, yet he knows nothing about it.
17. takes pictures while drinking alcohol and puts them in his profiles (a great sign of being cool...ha!)
18. uses candy floss language that is a bit disgusting (qandem, qandol, kaaka, badaar, mezanee, jan,a-jaan) etc
19. is given awards for the year he hasn't released a single song much less an album (Rightly SO! Saved us the trouble)
20. his album title is in English and doesn't have to do anything with any of the songs or the context of the songs in his album
21. re-sings yesteryear musicians' songs and releases them under his own albums (without acknowledgement of the original singer(s))
22. steals Indian music, puts Dari/Pashto lyrics and makes songs with no acknoledgement or whatsoever (but we have a history in such things, so they are immune). Moreover, he disgracefully states "mardom amo ahangey ma bisyar khosh karda" (Kudam? Amo Khandan-e-Farhard-e-Darya/Zahir Howaida/Rahim Bakhsh ra kay khanda boodi?)
23. sings rubbish or uses unacceptable slangs such as koft-e-payet baraya, chainaka patra kadee etc and justifies the song as "folk song"
24. goes to Friday prayers (not many of them do so, though) and uses his musical voice for the prayer call making others laugh at the mosque (instead of saying Allah - o - Akbar, he says Alllaaaaaaa a a a a hooooooo Akbar)
25. To an average Afghan man, he isn't a man. To a gay, he is a disaster. To the west, he is a strange Afghan. To the decent Afghan community abroad, he is weird AND to the Afghans in Afghanistan, he is an alien.
THAT IS UNFORTUNATELY THE NEW GENERATION OF AFGHAN SINGERS (MALE)! THE QUANTITY IS HUGE, BUT THE QUALITY IS LOW. IF YOU THINK ONE OR TWO AREN'T WHAT I WROTE ABOVE, THEN, HEY, EXCEPTIONS ARE EVERYWHERE. :)
....COMING SOON....AFGHAN FEMALE SINGERS....
Click the links below if you want to read my other blogs:
Want to read my other blogs: